The Laurel County School District has announced screening dates for children turning age three or four on or before August 1, 2017, who are eligible and wish to enter preschool in the fall 2017. Kentucky's preschool education programs are available for all four-year-old children whose family income is no more than 160% of poverty and all three and four-year-old children with developmental delays and disabilities, regardless of income (Click here to view Income Guidelines).
All screenings will be conducted at the GC Garland Administration Building, located directly behind London Elementary, at 710 North Main Street, London, KY. Parents must make an appointment for the screening by calling Michele Prichard at 862-4608 for more information you may call or email Michele.firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents must schedule their child for a screening on the date established for the school district where their child resides.
- March 31st at the GCGB- Screenings on this date are for students who reside in the Bush, Camp Ground and Wyan Pine Grove school districts-- Appointments are available from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- April 14th at the GCGB- Screenings on this date are for students who reside in the Hazel Green, Johnson, Keavy and London school districts—Appointments will be available from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- April 21st at the GCGB-Screenings on this date are for students who reside in the Cold Hill, Colony, Hunter Hills and Sublimity school districts —Appointments will be available from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- April 28th at GCGB- Make-up screening for all schools—Appointments will be available from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Individuals who arrive without an appointment will be able to register only after those with appointments have been accommodated.
All participants must bring the following items with them to their appointment:
- Current proof of income.
- Current proof of residence (something you get regularly in the mail) 3. An up-to-date immunization certificate signed and dated by the doctor.
- A current physical exam on the current Kentucky Form.
- The Child’s Certified Birth Certificate (issued by the state where born)
- A current vision exam on the current Kentucky Form (conducted by an eye doctor)