Open vision bar

Library Media Center

Last Updated: 7/23/2020 4:35 PM

bitmoki

I am your librarian Mrs. Fields!  Please contact me at any time chasity.fields@laurel.kyschools.us

Top Point Earner for 2019-2020 School year

Congratulations to 3rd grade student Mason Sturgill from Vanessa Smith's class for earning 521 points prior to NTI

Summer Reading Stars

Michael Gardner-100 points

Ava Gardner-100 points

Jaylee Smith-83 points

Kennedy Broughton-62 points

Malory Lee-50 points

Christina Mills-13 points

AR Information

For those of you new to the school you may be wondering what AR (accelerated reader) is.  It is a reading program that allows you to gain points for tests taken and passed based on a book that is read.  Most picture books are worth 1/2 point /.5.  Chapter books vary in points.  The AR program is extremely beneficial to students because it gives them extra practice with reading and comprehension independent from their normal class work. Click HERE to read the 2020-2021 beginning of the year library newsletter.  

View AR Points/Book Shelf

Students can view all the books they have tested on as well as check their points from home or using any computer with an internet connection by using Renaissance Home Connect.  The username and password for home connect is the same as AR.  You can access home connect by going to the quick links section on the Keavy Web Page.  Under quick links, click Library Media Center, and then click Renaissance Home Connect.  

AR Point Clubs/Rewards

Point club participants will be recognized at the end of each 9 weeks. Point clubs are 10 (K & 1st only) 25, 50, 75, 100, & 150. At the end of the school year K students that achieve 50 points, 1st grade students that achieve 75 points, and 2-5th graders that achieve 100 points will have some additional awards/recognition.  I will also recognize/reward the top 3 AR earners in the primary and intermediate as well as the top point earner in the school. The top 2 AR students in each class will also be recognized/rewarded. Continue to utilize books on line as much as you can as well as check out AR books from the public library. To stay up to date on library and AR information please visit this page frequently. For those attending school books returned will be quarantined for 48 hours before they are recirculated. 

Websites for Digital Access to books (click the name below to go straight to that website). 

Laurel County Public Library

When you log on to the Laurel County Public Library make sure and register for an online digital library card. This a not the same account number as the in person library cards. Then, download the Hoopla App on your device.  Once you are in the app use your digital library card information to log in and to download books for the month. 

Storylineonline.net

vooks.com

youtube.com

EPIC Books

We have a free trial with code lpl0677  Epic may only be accessible during school hours.  Please contact me if this code does not work during school hours. 

Tumble Books

username-tumble735

password-books

Storynory

My Website

Click HERE to check out my teacher website.  As of now I still have a teacher website but for the 2020-2021 school year I will be posting online lessons directly on the classroom teacher's google classroom.  If you are a virtual learner this year their will be 1 library lesson loaded per week.  

Additional Info