South Laurel Middle School
Norm Bowling: email@example.com
Phone (606) 862-4745
Fax: (606) 862-4746
Mailing address: 223 South Laurel Rd. London, KY 40744
Health / Physical Education
If your legs do not feel tired after you have run several miles, your legs have flexibility_____________.
2. The circulatory system is a group of organs and tissues that carry needed materials to cells and remove their waste products. ______
3. The arteries are blood vessels that carry blood from all parts of the body back to the heart. ________
4. How much energy you use or how far you stretch when you work out is frequency. ________
5. To monitor the intensity of your aerobic workout, you must take your pulse. _______
6. Weight training tones muscles, strengthens bones, and helps control weight. ______
7. A concussion is an injury to a joint._________
8. In the P.R.I.C.E. procedure, the letter R stands for raise. _________
9. Ligaments make it possible for your knees and ankles to work. ________
10. Your knee and elbow are examples of pivot joints. ________
Health and P.E.
Home Correspondence Instruction
Identify the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
Conditioning too hard or too often without enough rest between sessions is ________.
When a bone is forced from its normal position in a joint, this is called a (n).
You should use the P.R.I.C.E. procedure if.
A muscle is stiff
You have a fracture
Your heart rate is elevated
You are out of breath
Aerobic exercise can be each of the following EXCEPT:
5. The proportion of fat, bone, muscle, and fluid that make up body weight is know as your
6. The three elements of fitness are endurance, strength, and
7. The places where two bones meet are
8. When you eat a healthful eating plan, your bones and muscles get the proper
9. The word pulmonary refers to ________.
10. The yellowish, watery part of the blood that makes up over half its volume is _______.
Understanding Health and Wellness- April 20-24
Indicate whether the statement is true or false.
The quality of the air you breathe and the water you drink is part of your physical environment.
Smoking cigarettes is an example of a risk behavior.
Social Health refers to your ability to solve problems and handle the daily events in your life.
Goal-Setting skills help you to end a disagreement is a peaceful way ___________.
Your emotions cannot affect your physical health.
Supporting a local cause by writing a letter to the editor is an example of abstinence.
Your genes set the pattern for all your physical traits.
Negative stress can help you accomplish tasks.
Goal setting involves a specific goal and a plan to achieve it.
Good Listening skills are a part of interpersonal communication.
Teacher Website: https://www.laurel.kyschools.us/olc/392
Communications App: If you would like to receive notifications from remind regarding assignments for Home Correspondence Days please text the message @mrnbowlpe for P.E. courses or @mrnbowl for health courses to the number 81010.
During the week of March 23 – 27, if you have any questions or need assistance, please contact me via email or remind 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
We will be using Google Classroom to submit our assignments. To log into Google Classroom, click the link below.
Student's username and password are the same logins used to access a Chromebook at school. To register for your class, use the class code that corresponds to your class period below:
1st Period: 7hs4dmf
2nd Period: vm7yeg7
3rd Period: jooxzru
4th Period: cgsb6ce
6th Period: wisdyty
Students and/or parents or guardians, if you have problems navigating or accessing Google Classroom please view the following tutorial video or email me.
Please access the file below to clarify any questions regarding Laurel County Schools HCI days.
/userfiles/388/my files/hci and school cllosure faq 3.18.20.pdf?id=97063
Welcome, I teach health and physical education at South Laurel Middle School. My goal is to help the students become more physically fit and live a healthier lifestyle. I look forward to serving you and your students this year at South Laurel. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me.