SLHS Guidance - Senior Page
During this time of Home Correspondence Instruction, seniors needing to submit scholarship applications, honors diploma applications, etc. may send those to guidance through email. If you have any questions or concerns please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Honors Diploma applications are now available in guidance and are due to be submitted (back to guidance) by April 17!
* WYMT-TV and UPIKE would like to honor outstanding seniors with the Mountain Student Achiever Award. Selection based on GPA, extracurricular activites and community service. Check senior bulletin board or see Mrs. Fields for an application.
* Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program for high achieving student with financial need. Go to www.jkcf.org
* Bryan Scholarship for high achieving athletes interested in attending Davidson College in NC. Have coach go to http://www.davidson.edu/Bryan
* Ralph Gabbard Memorial Broadcast Scholarship for students interested in a communications career. Provide proof of financial need. See Guidance Bulletin Board or stop by guidance for application. Submit to Mrs. Fields in guidance by September 24, 2019.
* Tony Turner Memorial Broadcast Scholarship for students interested in a communications career. Provide proof of financial need. See Guidance Bulletin Board or stop by guidance for application. Submit to Mrs. Fields in guidance by September 24, 2019.
* WYMT-TV Mountain Classic Scholarship for students who have proven academic performance and financial need. See Guidance Bulletin Board or stop by guidance for application. Deadline to submit your application to Mrs. Fields in guidance is September 24, 2019.
*Questbridge National College Match Program for full four-year scholarships. Apply online at www.questbridge.org Deadline September 26, 2019.
* Studentscholarships.org Scholarships with October - December deadline. https://d1wsaxfu7b8rcr.cloudfront.net/0bf4abe3-c3f7-4929-a1aa-1e685d0543c8/StudentScholarship.org%20October-December.pdf
* REMEMBER the FAFSA opens October 1st! Apply as soon as possible!!
* Heisman High School Scholarship. $1,000 to $10,000. Online application at heismanscholarship.com Deadline October 29, 2019.
* Levines Scholars Program for students interested in attending UNC Charlotte. http://levinescholars.uncc.edu/
* Horatio Alger Association Scholarship. Apply online at scholars.horatioalger.org. Deadline is October 25.
* Toptal STEM scholarships for Women. A scholarship program has been developed to award 12 scholarships to help young women pursue their technical career aspirations. Each scholarship winner will receive a stipend and a year of mentorship and guidance. Totptal.com will award 12 scholarships to aspiring female computer scientists, developers and software engineers. Every winner will receive $5,000 and a year of weekly one-on-one mentoring by a Toptal senior developer. For more information go to: https://www.toptal.com/scholarships.
* Prudential Spirit of Community Award. For student involved in volunteering. Could win $1,000, a trip to Washington D.C., and the opportunitiy to win $5,000. To apply, go to https://www.nassp.org/recognition/student-awards/prudential-spirit-of-community-awards?SSO=true
* ELKS National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarship for students pursuing a 4-year college degree. Applicants judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need. Deadline November 5, 2019. http://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/mvs.cfm
* Driver Education Initiative Essay Contest for a $3,000 scholarship. Go to https://www.dmvedu.org/scholarship/. Deadline November 30, 2019.
* University of Kentucky Robinson Scholarship - open to seniors who would be considered as first-generation college students (neither parent or guardian having a four year degree). The application is located at https://uky.academicworks.com. .
* Western Kentucky University Scholarships- to be considered for academic merit and targeted awards, students must be admitted to WKU by Jan. 15,
* Centre College Scholarships - The Brown Fellows Program; Grissom Scholars Program; Lincoln Scholars Program - Each program provides full-tuition or full-cost funding, support for summer experiences and travel. Interested students should see Mrs. Fields in guidance as soon as possible. Nomination deadline is January 15.
* GE-Reagan Scholarship - A national scholarship opportunity that provides $10,000 (renewable) for high school seniors who embody the characteristics of President Ronald Reagan. Deadline January 2020. For more information or application, go to https://www.reaganfoundation.org/education/scholarship-programs/ge-reagan-foundation-scholarship-program/
* KYTC Civil Engineering Scholarship for students seeking a Bachelor's Degree. Deadline is Feb. 1. Go to
* National Propane Gas Foundation Scholarhip. Parent must work in that field. Deadline February 15. For more information and to apply go to www.npga.org/scholarship
* KYACAC "Achieve Your Dreams" Scholarship. One $500 scholarship is to be awarded for each of the four regions of Kentucky. Deadline is Feb. 17. Go to: http://www.kyacac.org/
* KHSAA- Scholarship for student athletes involved in agriculture. Link to scholarship https://khsaa.org/ge83-2018-agriculture-athlete-of-the-year-scholarship-application/ eadline for Scholarship Deadline Feb. 26th
* NIAAA Athlete Scholarship. Deadline February 26, 2020. Based on Athletic and Academic Achievements. Check senior bulletin board for application.
* KY Farm Bureau Education Foundation Scholarship Program offers several scholarships. To access the application, stop by guidance or go to kyfb.com/scholarships. Mail the application, making sure it is postmarked by February 28.
* If you have applied to WKU, check out their Scholars in Service scholarship opportunity at http://www.wku.edu/alive/scholars/index.php Deadline is March 1.
* The Tolliver Annual Nursing Scholarship. For student interested in pursing nursing degree. Minimum of $1,000. Go to: http://www.kymedicalmalpractice.com/scholarship/ Deadline March 15.
* Morehead State University Diversity Opportunity Scholarship. Apply to MSU and submit completed Diversity Opportunity Scholarship Application post marked by the March 15 priority deadline.
* Camelia Jackson & Bill York Memorial Scholarships. $500 each. Check senior bulletin board or see Mrs.Fields for application. Deadline - March 19.
* KAPE Scholarships for KAPE members and their families. For more info and to access the application go to http://kentuckyteachers.org/scholarships/apply/
* Joyce Parker Scholarship for Public Service. $500. For application, check bulletin board or stop by guidance. Deadline to submit to Mrs. Fields is March 19.
* Stephen L. Keller Scholarship for Business Majors. . $2,000. https://www.bgcf.org/learn/scholarships. Deadline March 15.
* Commonwealth Credit Union. Four one-time $1,000 scholarships. Primary membership account required. Deadline Mar.17 Go to www.ccuky.org/scholarship/
* I AM UNITE $1500 Scholarship. For application, check senior bulletin board. Student should mail, email, or fax the application. Deadline March 13, 2020
* Bluegrass IndoAmerican Civic Society Scholarship. $1,000 - $1500 merit and need-based scholarships to college-bound graduating seniors from KY. Apply online at http://www.biacs.org/scholarship.html. The deadline for application is March 15, 2019.
* Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1050 Scholarship. $500. Check bulletin board or get application in guidance office. Deadline to submit to Mrs. Fields in guidance is March 26, 2020.
* Lexington Clinic Foundation Scholarship for student interested in Allied Health. Mail in with postmark PRIOR to March 24. Go to: https://www.lexingtonclinic.com/foundation/lcf_education.html
* 'Let Us Never Forget' Dustin Napier Memorial Scholarship - $500 - Check senior bulletin board or see Mrs. Fields for application. Due March 25.
* 'Let Us Never Forget' T.J. Reilly Memorial Scholarship - $500 - Check senior bulletin board or see Mrs. Fields for application. Due March 25.
* Commercial Bank "Life. Made Better." Scholarship. $2500. Online application at www.surveymonkey.com/r/lifemadebetterscholarship2020 or go to www.cbtn.com/scholarship. Deadline March 30, 2020.
* Forcht Bank Scholarships. $10,000. Video required explaining how the scholarship would help the student and how they plan on serving their community after college graduation. For more information go to www.facebook.com/forchtbank. March 31 deadline.
* L&N Credit Union's Frank H. Moore Memorial Scholarship open to members and children of members. Check guidance bulletin board for application. Mail application...postmarked by March 31st.
* The Make Sense Foundation - $10,000 Scholarship. Must be a female with a GPA of at least 3.0. Go to makesensefoundation.org Deadline to submit application is March 31.
* The Society of Automotive Engineers presents - SAE Engineering Scholarships! Deadline March 2020. Online app. at https://www.sae.org/participate/scholarships
* Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship. $10,000 – renewable. Go to: https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/who-we-are/communities/stem-education/lm-scholarship-program.html
* Kentucky Educational Development Corporation (KEDC) Scholarship. $2500. Go to: http://www.kedc.org/Instruction/LeadershipSupport or check senior bulletin board for application. Deadline is April 1.
* Kentucky Manufactured Housing Scholarship for student living in modular, manufactured, or mobile housing or student training in construction industry. $1,000. For application check senior bulletin board or come by guidance Mail in application with postmark date by April 1.
* Dr. Tae-joon Seo Memorial Scholarship $1,000 stipend for student interested in radiology tech. Check senior bulletin board or in the guidance office for application. Application deadline is April 1.
* Kentucky Federation of Republican Women $1,500 Scholarship. Check senior bulletin board or come by guidance. Mail your application with a postmark no later than April 1..
* Southeastern Kentucky Partnership Scholarship through Lindsey Wilson College - Deadline April 1.
* Jackson Propane Plus Charles Dooley Memorial Scholarship. $500. Check senior bulletin board or stop by guidance for application. Email application to address on the application by April 1st.
* Walmart Dependent Scholarship. Go to http://programs.applyists.com/walmartdependent/ Deadline April 2, 2019
* Swiss Descendant Tuition Grant - $5,000. For student of Swiss heritage. Check bulletin board or stop by guidance for application. Mail in application with postmark no later than the first Friday in April.
* Cartis & Merkie Carpenter Scholarship. Online application at appkent.egrant.net. Deadline April 5,
* Saint Joseph London Scholarship. $1,000. Check senior bulletin board or stop by guidance for application. Submit application to Mrs. Fields in guidance no later than April 7.
* Laurel Community Lions Club WE SERVE SCHOLARSHIP. $100. Check senior bulletin board or see Mrs. Fields for application. Due April 7.
* Tom Handy Leadership Scholarship. $1,500. Check senior bulletin board or see Mrs. Fields for application. Mail in application. Deadline April 22, 2020. * Laurel County Conservation District Scholarship. Up to $2500. Check senior bulletin board or come by guidance. Submit application to Laurel County Conservation District office by April 8, 2020.
* The Laurel County Chamber of Commerce Work Ethic Seal Scholarship - $1,000 to a SLHS student who qualifies for the Work Ethic Seal. Pick up an application in guidance, or check the senior bulletin board. Deadline is April 10.
* Jeff Caudill Optimist Club Scholarship. Up to $4,000. Check senior bulletin board or stop by guidance for application. Submit application to Mrs. Fields in guidance no later than April 10, 2020.
* London/Laurel County D.A.R.E. Program Scholarship. $1000. Check senior bulletin board or stop by guidance. Turn in to Mrs. Fields by April 10.
* The London Rotary Club C.T. Massey Scholarship. $4,000. For application, check bulletin board or stop by guidance. Submit you completed application to Mrs. Fields by April 9th, or you may mail in you application so that it is received by the scholarship committee by April 15.
* Charles G. Pearl Scholarship. Check senior bulletin board or stop by guidance to pick up application. Deadline April 15, 2020.
* Lendedu spring scholarship $1,000. Information/Application: https://lendedu.com/blog/scholarship-application/ Deadline: April 15th.
* Emma Lou Cissell Memorial Scholarship. $1,000. For student interested in majoring in Agriculture, Family & Consumer Science or related field. Check bulletin board or stop by guidance for application. Deadline is April 17.
* DBAA Scholarship for student athlete. $500. Deadline Akpril 15, 2020. Online application at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYo_ACfpNzSG615pvrn-5HaHg2l3odQX6cNrGd3SeKUX62Ow/viewform
* The Woman's Club of London Scholarship for female senior. Check bulletin board or get application in guidance office. Deadline April 20.
* American Legion Mart Gentry Scholarship. $500. Must be a child or grandchild of a veteran. See Mrs. Fields or senior bulletin board for application. Deadline April 18.
* Student-View Scholarship Program - log on to www.student-view.com and complete a 15-20 minute application survey about colleges in your area for your chance to win a $500, $1000, or $5000 scholarship. Deadline is April 22, 2020.
* 13th Region Directors of Pupil Personnel Scholarship. $500 Perfect Attendance Scholarship. See guidance bulletin board or Mrs. Fields for application. Submit to Mrs. Fields in guidance no later than April 25.
* Kiwanis Club Scholarship. $500. Check guidance for application. Deadline April 30.
* Laurel County Education Association Scholarship - $500. Must be a child of a current or retired KEA member and intend on being an education major. See Mrs. Fields or senior bulletin board for application. Deadline April 30.
* Stratton-Tipton Special Needs Scholarship. Check bulletin board or stop by guidance for the application. Submission Deadline is April 30.
* Kentucky Association of Pupil Transportation (KAPT) Education Scholarship Award Program. $1,000 Scholarship. Complete application online http://www.thekapt.com/. Deadline is May 1. Requires parent/guardian to be actively employed in the public school pupil transportation field.
* Sullivan University $2,000 Scholarship. SLHS has only 3 of these scholarships to offer, so apply soon before the opportunity goes to someone else. See Mrs. Fields in guidance before May 1, 2017.
* The Laurel County Republican Women's Club Scholarship. $500. For application, check bulletin board or stop by guidance. Email application to address on application by May 14, 2020.
* Aspiring Nurse Scholarship. $1,000 Scholarship. Go to http://www.nursingschoolsalmanac.com/ and click on the banner on the right side of the page.
* Aspiring Business Professional" Scholarship. This is a $1,000 scholarship that will be awarded to students that are interested in pursuing a business degree at any accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit this link http://www.onlinembareport.com/ and find the scholarship located at the right side of the page and click on it. Deadline for the scholarship is June 1, 2016.
* Work Ready KY Scholarship application is now available! For more information about this brand new scholarship, go to: https://www.kheaa.com/website/kheaa/work_ready?main=1
* Aspiring Fashion Professional Scholarship. $1,000 scholarship. http://www.fashion-schools.org/aspiring-fashion-professional-scholarship-program
* Aspiring Animation Professional Scholarship. $1,000 scholarship. http://www.animationcareerreview.com/
* Nursing Schools Almanac has just launched its second annual Aspiring Nurse Scholarship. $1,000 scholarship to an aspiring nurse. Deadline - June 30 www.nursingschoolsalmanac.com
* El Dabe Ritter Scholarship. $1500. Deadline: June 30, 2020. Application: https://www.personalinjurylawyerslosangeles.com/#scholarship
* WEDDLE FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP FUND ( 19 separate scholarships) for students who attend SCC Laurel's campus. Deadline to apply is July 1. To find out more about these and other available scholarships at SCC, contact Amanda Humble, SCC financial aid scholarship coordinator, at (606) 451-6644 or by email at email@example.com.
* The Abbott and Fenner Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship open to high school juniors and seniors. The application requires a 500-1000 word essay. Go to http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.php. Deadline June 2020.
* UEW Healthcare EEOICPA Scholarship. $1,000 scholarship based on merit and need> Leadership experience taken in to account. Online application athttps://www.uewhealth.com/eeoicpa-reca/#scholarship-application Deadline July 31.
* Balanced Man Scholarship for male student who attends the University of Louisville. Apply online at sigepuofl.org/bms. Deadline July 31.
* The Lawyers at Groth & Associates offer a $1,000.00 scholarship. The deadline for application submissions is July 31, 2017. Apply at http://www.grothlaw.com/scholarship/
* NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES on FACEBOOK if you "LIKE" Pace Scholarship Academy!
* Looking for Student Loans Without a Cosigner? Read This. The goal is to help students and families avoid cosigning student debt. See the guide here:
* Monthly Essay Scholarship Contest. http://www.varsitytutors.com/college-scholarship
* Scholarship Searches:
* LendEDU's Guide to College Scholarships - https://lendedu.com/blog/scholarships
* University Tutor holds a monthly $1,000 college scholarship contest where students write a short essay in response to a monthly prompt. The submitted essays are reviewed by University Tutor staff at the end of the month and one winner is chosen to receive the $1,000 college scholarship. Interested students can enter the contest here: http://www.universitytutor.com/scholarship-contest
* Art & Design Scholarship Competition and other scholarships offered at Mount St. Joseph University, Cincinnati, Ohio. www.msj.edu/art-scholarship
* Recovery Village Health Care Scholarship. 1,000 award to students pursuing a health-related degree program who have been personally affected by addiction https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/scholarships/
* OppU Achievers Scholarship at https://www.opploans.com/scholarship/. Award Amount: $2,500. Eligibility: High school seniors, college students, graduate students; cumulative GPA of at least 3.0/4.0; U.S. citizen or resident. Deadlines: December 31, March 31, June 30, September 30. To Apply: Students submit a short response to the question "What makes you an achiever?"
Also remember to visit the Guidance Department's main front page, as there there are links regarding Colleges and Scholarships & Financial Aid Information.
On those pages you will find specific tips, suggestions, and how tos for many of the things you need as you prepare for college and begin filling out applications.
Free ACT + SAT website www.prepfactory.com
SAT REVIEW SITE: https://www.mometrix.com/academy/sat-test/